Giovanni Battista Viero
Bassano Del Grappa, Italy
Giovanni Battista Viero was born in Bassano del Grappa in 1947. Descended from a famous family of potters, the Manufacture G.B.V. began its activity in Nove, Vicenza’s province since 1695 and over the years received numerous awards and recognition at an international level for the originality of its pottery. In honor of its origins, Giovanni Battista Viero has always signed his works with the name GBViero, the acronym used by his ancestors. The artist attended the Institute of Arts and Ceramics in Nove G. Fabris, graduating with a Master of Arts in 1965. From an early age he began his works as an apprentice ceramist at the ceramics factory “San Marco”, student of Professor Enrico Caccia Guerra. In 1969, together with his brothers, he opened his own firm in Rivarotta of Bassano del Grappa, where he produced both artistic and commercial ceramic tiles. In recent years he has devoted himself with more and more with passion looking for new decorations and new painting techniques.